Dragonized kde install cuttlefish dependency

There is a menu item for cuttlefish in the dragonized version, however I cannot find cuttlefish installed. When I try to install, the system is asking for python2-udev as a dependency. I can't seem to find this anywhere.

I guess I know whats going on - I included the .desktops in ~/.local/share/applications to have their icon themed (they dont have their own icon in beautyline) but cuttlefish was one of the applications which are not included in the iso
Just removed them from the settings package to avoid confusion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If it’s only about icons, you may place icons in ~/.local/share/icons.
I 'm not sure I understood what you wanted to achieve.

2 Likes

You could potentially repackage the beautyline theme and add these in, or package them separately but put them under /usr/share/icons/beautyline . That way they’re easy to update/change/remove etc.

3 Likes

Actually I have read about cuttlefish and I would really like to install this. If anyone knows of a way, that would be just super!

It's dependent on unavailable, deprecated python2-udev and other python2 packages. Hasn't been under development for some time, either.

4 Likes

Well that is solved I guess. Are there any alternatives to this? I did a quick google but came up empty.

https://alternativeto.net/software/cuttlefish/

Btw, just added these icons like that :smiley:

3 Likes

There are two different cuttlefish apparently. I was looking for an alternative to the cuttlefish that can automate your desktop workflow. Not the one for icons.

1 Like

Oh, this cuttlefish shortcut was meant to be for the icon browser. Good that we talked about it :joy:

1 Like