Downgrade xorg to 1.16

Hello . I want to downgrade xorg to 1.16 version . please help me

this is the command for ubuntu . but I dont know what is the command for Arch (Garuda Linux)
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-lts-utopic libqt5gui5 libgles1-mesa-lts-utopic libgles2-mesa-lts-utopic libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-utopic libgl1-mesa-glx-lts-utopic:i386 libglapi-mesa-lts-utopic:i386 libegl1-mesa-drivers-lts-utopic

First of all, why would you want to do this? Arch doesnt hold back versions like Ubuntu does, you get always the latest.

3 Likes

I'm pretty certain that you actually don't.

http://mywiki.wooledge.org/XyProblem

2 Likes

My graphic card is old and I cannot install driver for it . I didn't found any solution for install it .

Which card is that? Perhaps provide the output of inxi -Gxxxz (as text)?

Maybe there's a different driver or approach? For example, older Nvidia cards (those no longer supported by Nvidia) can use the nouveau driver.

2 Likes

No offense, but this isn't Ubuntu. If you want to run an Arch based distro you need to learn how Arch works. We're not here to teach you the complete basics of how an Arch system works.

You need to invest some time doing this yourself. This isn't the 1990's where you had to order some specialty manual and pay big dollars for it to learn how to use your computer. Everything is available on the web for free. All you need to do is search for it. The Archwiki is the first place you should look for any info you require.

We don't provide hand holding here. A minimum level of effort is expected from any Garuda user requesting assistance. Learning how to install packages is the most elementary skill you need to learn before you can use any Linux system. I don't think that's asking too much to learn this basic skill, is it?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.