Discover not working

Greetings! I installed the latest version of Garuda KDE Lite but Discover won’t let me install the applications because the reposeters are missing! How to solve? Thanks in advance!

Advanced Users Only

Garuda Linux KDE lite

Garuda Linux KDE lite is made for users who do not want extra software and functionalities and complain about bloat. It contains only the bare minimum of packages needed to get started. (You are on your own, we do not provide any support for KDE lite editions!)
4 Likes

It is very dangerous to use Discover for installing Arch packages.
Anyway, if it is a matter of backends:

6 Likes

“A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.”
“Go to school, gain a little knowledge, live dangerously.”
"Follow @filo 's link. :wink:

The reason the backend driver is not installed and enabled is because it does not play well with Arch or Arch-based distributions.

2 Likes

You can add the flatpak back end if you want also not garuda supported but if you have issues with it it would be on flatpak.

@civano1980 and others:

Please let me clarify. The referenced packagekit driver is used with Discover in a few other distributions that use Discover as the only legit package management system graphical frontend. But none that I am aware of are Arch-based. None.

There’s a very good reason why. It can be easily misused and leave users in a very unstable, partially updated state. In Arch/Arch-based distributions pacman is the package manager. And that driver interferes with pacman. Per @heftig: Please remove packagekit from GNOME profile · Issue #1321 · archlinux/archinstall · GitHub

And please see the big red warning here: pacman/Tips and tricks - ArchWiki

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.