Devastator II Keyboard LED

Hello, I am very new to Linux, I am really loving it so far! I have a small issue. I cant get my backlight LED on my keyboard to come on. I have found a code to turn it on but after reboot I have to put the code back in again. Is there a way I can run a script to tell it to turn on, on start up? I just installed Linux yesterday so please be gentle with me. Here is the code I am putting in my console.

#!/bin/bash
sleep 1
xset led 3
xmodmap -e 'add mod3 = Scroll_Lock'

Thanks for yalls help!

Yes. Save this as a script file, make it executable, and add it to your DE’s list of startup applications.

3 Likes

Thanks for answering my question, how do I do that? Is there a good tutorial on how to do these things? What is a DE list?

Perhaps this tutorial will help you. Linux tutorial - turn on keyboard backlight - YouTube

2 Likes

Nothing. A “DE” is shorthand for a “desktop environment” (e.g. KDE, GNOME, …). Each one has a configuration setting (normally found as “startup applications”) that contains a list of applications that will start when you log in.

I’d recommend you begin by searching the web for, for example, “linux create script” and “linux make script executable”. Possibly buy (or borrow) a Linux beginners book. Teaching someone how to use, customise, and script Linux from first principles is a little outside the scope of a web forum.

3 Likes