Desktop wallpaper/video playback problem

Not on my Laptop, try resetting latte with garuda-assistant, if you change something on latte dock.

I reset latte with the assistant and re-booted but the Latte Dock still jumps in with every wallpaper change.

It may be worth trying if this still happens with the git package latte-dock-git (uninstall latte-dock first), in the past I have had issues with latte-dock that were fixed in the -git package.

Also, maybe try uninstalling tlp if that is installed on your system.

I switched to the latte-dock-git but the probkem still remains. It is OK, I can easily live with it.
However, I now get the message -
Authentication is needed to run /usr/bin/env as the super user
Vendor = The polkit project

Should I enter my password and let it continue ?

Many thanks.

It took me a while to figure this out, but there is a quick way to fix this. One of the new features of KDE Plasma 5.25.5 is the ability to use accent colors from wallpapers (system settings>Appearance>Colors). It's a cool feature BUT it briefly interrupts video playback when the wallpaper (and the colors) change. Turn off this feature and choose "From the current color scheme" instead and the video stalls will stop, even when you are changing the wallpaper.

1 Like

Glad to hear you resolved your issue @ChinW, and thanks for the tip. I'm going to close this one down though since it is several months old and the OP hasn't used the forum since posting back in October.

1 Like