Ctrl does not register

so i dont know why but i noticed weird behavior in my flavor (garuda, gnome) whenever i press on ctrl nothing happens (like ctrl+c or something) in tor browser for example or even recently in minecraft (so i cant sprint, lol) so any ideas why it is happening? its first time it happens to me

Is CTRL+ALT+F2/F3/F4... working? For me in the live-ISO CTRL+C while copying folders doesn't work, but copying text from terminal by CTRL+SHIFT+C works sometimes. I thought this could be a Wayland's issue (didn't dig into that).

1 Like

no i think its related to garuda as i used wayland on vanilla arch and everything was fine and yes it works also it works in copying files but in tor browser and minecraft (these where i tried in) did not work and oh in ungoogled chromium too! (Also im using xorg)

Blind guessing here as I never experienced that, maybe worth a try:

1 Like

First thing would be to verify if you have the correct keyboard layout and locale

i do have it yes (it was locate point feature)

Well, it was locate point feature but i wonder why. again i did same setup on vanilla arch and everything was fine (now i can sprint in MC but i love pressing ctrl and see halos come out from my pointer lol) so any way to keep it working and same time do not hurt my shortcuts?

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.