Create language-specific sections in the forum

It seems like there’s some language crap in the previous topic, which is why I think it would be a good idea for you to create categories for each specific language.
Portuguese, Spanish, English, German, French and other languages, including those from India

2 Likes

Maybe we will do that later.

3 Likes

Personally, I never saw the need for that. Let people write in any language they want. It is in my interest to be understood by others, especially if I’m asking for help. And if somebody is offering me help in another language, I’ll put in the effort to understand them. Segregating users based on language always felt a bit stupid, at least to me.

5 Likes

I have to agree. Having separate sections would make things messy, at least for now. There arent enough users yet to justify having multiple languages supported and would make helping harder since there might be multiple threads of the same topic but different language.

I would suggest you use PM if you want to write in another than english. If there is the need to write down something in another language for example if you cant explain things in english just add a translation, even if its translated using google translate so everyone at least knows what the post is about roughly.

That should be sufficient for now. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I totally agree. The forum has way too few registered users to fragment the posts into different sub-sections at this point.

If the forum had thousands of registered users that certainly would be the way to go.

I’m not a fan of support via PM, however. I think that support threads should be encouraged to remain public. That way the knowledge base is expanded and everyone benefits from knowledge gained.

8 Likes

That’s how I did it :joy:

4 Likes

Absolutely agree. What I’ve done is added a Google Translator in my browser. That way, no matter what language is used, I can usually understand what is said. I will admit however, that Google Translate, or any translating program for that matter, isn’t perfect. But so long as the point is made - I’m fine with that.

6 Likes

I use google translate also. Maybe a mod could edit post written in a another language and add an English translation at the bottom. It won’t be perfect, as sentence structures are different, but it could be used by future users.

1 Like

Are you volunteering? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

इस मंच पर क्या हिन्दी भाषा में अपनी बात रखी जा सकती है।

4 Likes

Language should not be a barrier

Although English is preferred
But if you cant explain things properly in english you can use your native language

We will just have to use translator

But its way better than having to be forced to use english

For example me i can only write and understand in English.i cannot speak in English.

7 Likes

हा हिंदी में बात रखी जा सकती हैं।

3 Likes

If I was on the forum enough, yes. As of now, I’ve not been on the forum for 2-3 days.

Often true of those that ONLY have English! Certain presidential figures come to mind…

फोरम में आपका स्वागत है

1 Like