Confusion in using garuda iso tool

Whenever I type the command

sudo buildiso -p gnome -b stable

I get an error of failed to synchronize package database.

--> Profile: [gnome]
==> Start building [gnome]
==> Cleaning up ...
-> Deleting chroot [rootfs] (x86_64) ...
/usr/bin/btrfs
Delete subvolume (no-commit): '/var/cache/garuda-tools/garuda-chroots/buildiso/gnome/x86_64/rootfs'
-> Deleting isoroot [iso] ...
--> Loading Packages: [Packages-Root] ...
==> Prepare [Base installation] (rootfs)
Create subvolume '/var/cache/garuda-tools/garuda-chroots/buildiso/gnome/x86_64/rootfs'
--> mirror: http://mirrors.kernel.org/stable/$repo/os/$arch
==> Creating install root at /var/cache/garuda-tools/garuda-chroots/buildiso/gnome/x86_64/rootfs
-> Installing packages to /var/cache/garuda-tools/garuda-chroots/buildiso/gnome/x86_64/rootfs
:: Synchronizing package databases...
core downloading...
extra downloading...
community downloading...
multilib downloading...
chaotic-aur downloading...
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from mirrors.kernel.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from mirrors.kernel.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from mirrors.kernel.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
warning: too many errors from mirrors.kernel.org, skipping for the remainder of this transaction
error: failed retrieving file 'multilib.db' from mirrors.kernel.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to synchronize all databases (unexpected error)
==> ERROR: Failed to install packages to new root
==> ERROR: Failed to install all packages

I changed the mirrorlist of etc/pacman.d with my own current mirrorlist but nothing changed. If possible, can someone help me understand the detailed use of this garuda tools, as I can understand the thing barely from the readme.md file. Thanks in advance.

This is the wrong URL for Index of /archlinux/

2 Likes

Yes got my issues, Nd sir only one of your negative points had stuck me & now I have to fork the Gnome Edition. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I read over this bit... :sweat:

Why are you setting a branch here? stable doesn't exist in Garuda (or Arch).

4 Likes

Yeah I knew that was the issue, I should have closed this topic.

1 Like

Closed at OP's request.