Chaotic-AUR vs Pamac - does not sync updates?

❯ sudo pacman -Sy list --arch -a                                             ─╯
[sudo] password for janer:        
:: Synchronizing package databases...
error: failed retrieving file 'core.db' from www.caco.ic.unicamp.br : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to update core (failed to retrieve some files)
error: failed retrieving file 'extra.db' from www.caco.ic.unicamp.br : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to update extra (failed to retrieve some files)
error: failed retrieving file 'community.db' from www.caco.ic.unicamp.br : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to update community (failed to retrieve some files)
error: failed retrieving file 'multilib.db' from www.caco.ic.unicamp.br : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to update multilib (failed to retrieve some files)
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from builds.garudalinux.org : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from repo.kitsuna.net : Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 10 seconds
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from chaotic.tn.dedyn.io : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from repo.jkanetwork.com : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from chaotic.dr460nf1r3.me : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from chaotic.bangl.de : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed retrieving file 'chaotic-aur.db' from mirror.maakpain.kro.kr : The requested URL returned error: 404
error: failed to update chaotic-aur (failed to retrieve some files)
error: failed to synchronize all databases

Using Garuda Gnome ...

I'm not exactly sure about that ...
But Chaotic-AUR updates don't seem to be fully integrated with Pamac.
I need to open Pamac and click on Update Database to start the update.
While they should appear and be run through the Pamac main window.
I run Pamac and the system update never appears.
In other words, Pamac does not search for Chaotic-AUR updates. Among others.
What is the definitive solution for this? Or should I install the Bauh app?
The Bauh also did not resolve the unsynchronized packets shown by Terminal.

The Pamac Updates Indicator extension remains enabled.

Meanwhile, the command 'yay -Syu' or 'sudo pacman -Syu' says that the items above are already updated.

❯ yay -Syu                                                                                                             
:: Synchronizing package databases...
 core is up to date
 extra is up to date
 community is up to date
 multilib is up to date
 chaotic-aur                        697.2 KiB   610 KiB/s 00:01 [----------------------------------------] 100%
:: Starting full system upgrade...
warning: gesture-manager-x-git: local (0.1-1) is newer than chaotic-aur (r9.ce6f7d0-1)
 there is nothing to do
:: Searching databases for updates...
:: Searching AUR for updates...
 -> gesture-manager-x-git: local (0.1-1) is newer than chaotic-aur (r9.ce6f7d0-1)
 there is nothing to do

Don't use images for text output.

With non-English text, it is difficult to understand the message.
Start the application from terminal with English language:

LANG=en <application-executable>
3 Likes

A 404 error means the mirror doesn’t have the requested file. Given the requested file is the package database it would appear that the mirror is broken or have withdrawn their supply of Arch packages.

However, you have (for some reason) added this option to pacman:

From man pacman:

--arch <arch>
           Specify an alternate architecture.

So, you have said told pacman to look for the “-a” architecture, which doesn’t exist.

Therefore, my advice would be to read the documentation for the commands you are using. There are several options, for example man pacman , pacman --help, and, of course, pacman - ArchWiki

4 Likes