Chaotic-AUR | Packages | Requests | Recompilation | Reports

something must be wrong, because I have been using kde-git since beta was released and in no way is it getting built every afternoon. Not even packages that have a good amount of change in the git source code at invent.kde.org

See here for Chaotic AUR build updates(telegram)

@chaotic_aur_deploy

3 Likes

cool thanks ! I didnt knew about it, I was using a latest packages from chaotic repo script ( based on expac )

but as you can see .... kwrite/kate wasn't build ... as with alot of kde-git packages.

I am just curious, since kde-git is something that I sometimes need to use for bug reports on kde, but I understand that this is "outside of scope" of producing a stable linux distro, and isn't a priority

kwrited-git was last built on September 16 and kate-git on September 25.
Most probably they are already in their latest version.

3 Likes

kde-git is built daily. If there is a package which isn't building it's likely that no new commit happened or the build is failing.
If there is a package which hasn't been updated in your opinion please have a look at the log for this particular package to find out why (and report back to us):
https://builds.garudalinux.org/repos/chaotic-aur/logs/

3 Likes

thanks you both, sorry, I don't know these infrastructure details. The logs are exactly what I was looking for:

:: Proceed with installation? [Y/n] 
checking keyring...
checking package integrity...
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/breeze-git-5.23.80_r2274.g96c522e6-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (checksum)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] 
error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package)
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.
e[?25hContainer pkgdd02794f7f5 failed with error code 123.

this on the kwin-git log.

I will be on the lookout for errors. What is the best way to "report back to us" ? here ?

If you have a GitHub account, reporting here:
GitHub - chaotic-aur/packages: The Packages Mason, What Do They Mean? (Requests for packages and fixes in here.)
would be the preferred way (also for requesting new packages). If you don't have one, it's fine to report here as well.
As for the kwin-git log, I'm restarting the build now.

3 Likes

can you make the logs on a git repo or a single file with all the logs? I managed to download all with wget -r but its not a "best practice" really.

I noticed that there are some packages which are failing with errors, for example:

• 7-zip.log
  • anki.log
  • garuda-kde-settings.log
  • gnome-text-editor-git.log
  • kwin-git.log

thanks for restarting kwin. I will check if it arrives and if the kwin-git -> breeze package error still happens.

I wonder what solution to "kwrite/kate" packages could be achieved, since they are built using a dependency that is already updated and old with arch, thus creating what I call "the manjaro effect". ( or called "built with old non existant dependencies effect" )

That’s a good idea actually. Logs are always concerning the latest build. Some of them are concerning packages which aren’t added yet due to build issues such as anki or gnome-text-editor as well :eyes:

We don’t bump pkgvers ourselves so the solution is removing and rebuilding. Doing this as well for kate-git now (noticed the issue myself hehe)

1 Like

thanks @dr460nf1r3

I will then raise issues on github whenever I see an error or a problem like "kwrite/kate".

Would a script that detects if dependencies of built packages are changed, and removed those packages ( so, making a rebuild possible ) be of interest ?

A script like this would for sure be very helpful! :slight_smile:
Both kwin-git and kate-git are rebuild, needs a reinstallation of the packages (which will fail the first time due to cached pkgs)

3 Likes

I will try to write a script that analyses the log, checks the current updated arch pacman database, and does a list of packages that should be rebuilt ( auto deleting is your call ).

i bet the manjaro dudes have something to manage this ( or it would be a instability caos always ) and portage does this automatically also.

Since I have been most of my life with gentoo and not with arch, this is a cool way to dig deeper into pacman

3 Likes

its good now… it wasn’t actually kate-git and kwrited-git but the just build plasma-frameworks. kate/kedit work now

Guys, I noticed lib32-llvm-git is in chaotic but not the 64bit git version
is there any chance of adding it?

llvm-git is there, but it's version 13 rather than 14. :thinking:

Possibly it needs a kick...

3 Likes

btw is there any other build updates like this but outside of telegram ? something like rss for example?

I don't think so, but I am not sure tbh.

1 Like

sorry @dr460nf1r3 for being annoying again, but kwin seems to be getting late again. ( has had commits every day ( some very important ) and still the latest is day 5 )

but what is really puzzling me is why its not running on the afternoon: ( packages/afternoon.txt at main · chaotic-aur/packages · GitHub )

shouldn't it try to compile every "afternoon" ? or am I misinterpreting stuff ?
the logs show that the last attempt was on day 5

1 Like

It might actually get killed due to taking too long, I'll have a look :eyes:

5 Likes