Can't install anything, octopi not working and same with setup assistant

i’ve decided to switch from windows to linux since everything looked great, and it woud be if i could install stuff with pamac or octopi, but whenever i run setup assistant to install pamac or most things it gives me this error (same with octopi)

warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/chaotic-mirrorlist, line 8: directive 'o-mirror.chaotic.cx/$repo/$arch' in section 'garuda' not recognized.
warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/chaotic-mirrorlist, line 8: directive 'o-mirror.chaotic.cx/$repo/$arch' in section 'chaotic-aur' not recognized.
error: blackarch: signature from "Levon 'noptrix' Kayan (BlackArch Developer) <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
:: Synchronizing package databases...
garuda is up to date
core is up to date
extra is up to date
multilib is up to date
chaotic-aur                             2,6 MiB  3,03 MiB/s 00:01 [------------------------------------] 100%
blackarch                               4,0 MiB  1819 KiB/s 00:02 [------------------------------------] 100%
error: blackarch: signature from "Levon 'noptrix' Kayan (BlackArch Developer) <[email protected]>" is unknown trust
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))
chaotic-aur                             2,6 MiB  1150 KiB/s 00:02 [####################################] 100%

--> Refreshing mirrorlists using rate-mirrors, please be patient..🍵

warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/chaotic-mirrorlist, line 8: directive 'o-mirror.chaotic.cx/$repo/$arch' in section 'garuda' not recognized.
warning: config file /etc/pacman.d/chaotic-mirrorlist, line 8: directive 'o-mirror.chaotic.cx/$repo/$arch' in section 'chaotic-aur' not recognized.
garuda downloading...
core downloading...
extra downloading...
multilib downloading...
chaotic-aur downloading...
blackarch downloading...
error: failed to synchronize all databases (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

Failed to update mirrorlist
garuda downloading...
core downloading...
extra downloading...
multilib downloading...
blackarch downloading...

--> Applying keyring updates before starting full system update..
error: database 'blackarch' is not valid (invalid or corrupted database (PGP signature))

btw sorry if i made some mistake i’m kinda dumb since it’s my first linux distro and i only used windows my whole life

Please always follow the template and paste the output of garuda-inxi whenever opening any Issues & Assistance topics.

In /etc/pacman.conf comment out blackarch repo. That’s a problematic repo and should be avoided by new linux users unless you know what you are doing.
Next,

reflector --country Germany --latest 5 --age 2 --fastest 5 --protocol https --sort rate --save /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist

Change the --country Germany here with your own country name like --country Canada etc. Once done run,

garuda-update --skip-mirrorlist
5 Likes

Can you provide

:warning: Missing information requested in the template may result in not receiving assistance

Make sure you have done the following before you post:

Issue still unresolved? Then:

• ONE issue per topic.
  • Describe your issue in detail. The more we know, the better we can help
  • Show us the results of your searches, and what you’ve tried
  • After rebooting, post the FULL output of garuda-inxi in the body of the post (not linked externally, or collapsed with the “hide details” feature)
  • Format terminal output (including your garuda-inxi) as a code block by clicking the preformatted text button (</>) , or put three tildes (~) above and below the text
3 Likes

Follow NaN and you should be fine once you comment out BlackArch. The Chaotic should resolve itself. I just did an update and had an issue with Chaotic, but chances are if I do another the Chaotic issue will be gone.

2 Likes

Update and install stuff only from terminal, not with

:warning:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.