BUG: profile-sync-daemon (psd) OOB configuration fail

Hello Garuda,

This is another bug report in regard to an issue I have found. I noticed that profile-sync-daemon, or the psd user service, was constantly failing to even start and this was caused by a configuration issue from /etc/skel/.config/psd/psd.conf I presume.

What's wrong?

BROWSERS=(firedragon firefox chromium opera vivaldi google-chrome otter-browser)

psd only supports specific browsers that it's specifically programed for to know what and how to handle what it does for us.

firedragon is a browser it is not yet currently designed to know how to handle, so the resulting effect is:

Aug 26 18:03:19 midgaard systemd[2499]: Starting Profile-sync-daemon...
Aug 26 18:03:19 midgaard profile-sync-daemon[2506]:  firedragon is not a supported browser. Check config file for typos: /home/psi-jack/.config/psd/psd.conf
Aug 26 18:03:19 midgaard systemd[2499]: psd.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 26 18:03:19 midgaard systemd[2499]: psd.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Aug 26 18:03:19 midgaard systemd[2499]: Failed to start Profile-sync-daemon.

Failure to start. However once removing firedragon from the list, it starts and runs just fine.

Psi-Jack

I'm assuming you uninstalled Firedragon? It provides the needed psd profile in it's package.

4 Likes

No, actually. I installed Garuda XFCE edition. It never came with Firedragon.

Oh then we need to adjust that. nice find!

1 Like

Well thank you! And yep. That's exactly why I reported it the way I did. I only forgot to mention the fact I installed Garuda XFCE, specifically. I've used psd before even using Garuda, and always liked it for it's speed and just reducing writes to the NVMe/SSD alone is great.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.