Brightness does not reflect settings after reboot

I just installed Garuda KDE on my new Yoga Slim 7 Pro AMD Ryzen 7 5800H laptop. I'm very impressed on the overall system design and the huge efforts to details. So far everything have gone well and Garuda is going to be my main Linux setup.

I encountered one problem: the system brightness is always at darker than my setting (I set 60%, but it looks llike 25% ) after reboot, even though the numbers for baclkight settings are correct.

• /var/lib/systemd/backlight/pci-0000:03:00.0:backlight:amdgpu_bl0: 153
  • /sys/class/backlight/amdgpu_bl0/brightness: 153

If I press any brightness button once, the brightness becomes correct, 55% or 65% depending on the direction.

I read the Arch wiki backlight page, but my case doesn't fall into the problems described on the page for AMDGPU.

Any help will be appreciated.

This seems like the key piece of information. There’s a systemd service that will save and restore the backlight level. It’s on the wiki page you linked:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/backlight#Save_and_restore_functionality

4 Likes

Thanks for your help. I've tried all the tricks I can find. None work. The actual_brightness is always fixed at 62. Anyway this is the only problem I got for my setup and I can live with it.

2 Likes

It's also still quite a new laptop so better support will come with future kernels.

3 Likes

Agree. Garuda KDE is the best KDE distro I've used. It got me back from Gnome.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.