Blown away by this

Hi.
I was once a distro hopper, and then I settled on Arch. I used it for around a year, until a month ago when I happily discovered this amazing distro. The DE + icon combo is fantastic. I love how it is made just right for both beginners and power users, with GUIs for a lot of useful stuff. This is also my first linux forum, and the welcome is great.
Hope this grows to become one of the most popular distros.

16 Likes

Yep.I have same experience. First time I got introduced to linux, then installed manjaro bcs it was similar to like ubuntu is to debian. then heard about garuda.. and then setteled finally for once. tried customising arch.. but this works out of the box so .. I'll just use this.

7 Likes

I went through the usual journey of distro hopping, numerous hoppings. But then settled for this amazing one. And surprisingly it's not because of Arch. It's because of Kubuntu or rather should I say KDE Plasma. The level of customization I always wanted is just out of the box. Fell in love with KDE. Customized it to my heart's content. But wasn't satisfied (as I am by no means a designer), then found this awesome desi distro. Loved it. Best decision to switch to Garuda DE.

6 Likes

Welcome to Garuda! :tada:

4 Likes

Welcome to Garuda! Enjoy your time here!

3 Likes

Tried tons of Distros over the years: Ubuntu bases, Debian ones, Manjaro XFCE / etc

Found Garuda KDE Dragonized months ago and I love it !!!

JF MTL Canada

4 Likes

Yeah, I also love Garuda DKE Dra460nized.

1 Like

I hope not. That way leads to wrack & ruin. Then we’ll be playing to the lowest common denominator.

Only in the same way a finicky sportscar can be driven by many. :wink:

8 Likes

Or a Harley from the 90’s… :joy:

7 Likes