Black screen after wake up from sleep/hibernate

I've switched LTS to ZEN kernel and waiting if black screen occurs after sleep. If once again it appears then I'll apply your solution.

Hope this will help :slight_smile:

however could not see While asleep, hibernate after a period of inactivity

you meant suspend session checkbox?

I meant this option but since it's a part of suspend session I guess you could try just disabling that.

bruh!

I have not this option as checkbox :face_with_monocle:

@BluishHumility any idea why my settings of energy tabs has no that option?

Please, do not ping mod's with @.

I think you must change to "On Battery" tab.

3 Likes

You do not have options that involve hibernation because you have not enabled hibernation:

This is the relevant resource for setting up hibernation: Power management/Suspend and hibernate - ArchWiki

it is enabled for me...in my case it's not laptop __ so don't have battery option....
:slightly_smiling_face:

Well it's present in all three tabs for me. I disabled it in all three. That stopped me getting a black screen after sleep.

try disabling it and see if it works for you.

I'm cringed now :melting_face:

I have no hibernation but being effected hibernation related bug :crazy_face:

hope kernel switching is gonna save me and my works

*update

unfortunately switching between kernels did not help. after lts to zen kernel boot, for 10 sleep-awake cycle I got black screen and freezing once again :frowning:

wonder how can I uncheck that bug's feature in my settings for energy saving. Hope some geek can route me.

Why not just try and uncheck the suspend session? That would be a good place to start.

it was unchecked mode but after your submission I could not find the part you mentioned so checked it on and let it like that.

Unchecked was before checked now, no difference.

Some others in bug reports advised to remove /.local/share then I wiped it out hehe many settings theme, telegram like apps settings gone too. Now I observe what after removing share folder. Hope this time will help :pray:

Hmm... The next step I can suggest you is editing your sleep.conf when I was solving this issue I found a lot of people who with proper configuration got rid of the black screen. I couldn't but maybe you can. Don't limit yourself to only garuda or arch forum visit manjaro or any other posts you see as results for your issue on google.

2 Likes

One suggestion to you ...
you can create another user(with default config) and observe if the same problem occurs(black after weak up)..

if everything works fine_ then you can copy/override that user's config to your main user's config...

it fixes meany issue in my case...like..when plasma broken for my heavy customization... :upside_down_face:

1 Like

your default configs are stored in /etc/skel

1 Like

This might be a more widespread issue than it perhaps appears. After my last update -- around 2 weeks ago -- my system no longer is recoverable from a forced sleep via keyboard button. I have no time right now to post my garuda-inxi, but I will note that I am running the zen kernel, on AMD Radeon 3 Ryzen 3250U. I confess that I have not had the time to try other kernels.

I will investigate this later, and will post any findings I might discover.

F.

Open new thread please.

5-10 sec.?

5 min. maybe.?

And please, don’t sign your posts β€” every post has your profile information attached to it. https://forum.garudalinux.org/faq

update:

this wipe out also did not help. I notice something interesting when I use Obsidian and go to sleep mode while it is active this black screen occurs more.

coz of this issue I'm gonna switch another distro what I really don't want to do it, love Garuda :frowning:

Having same issues here. For me it's probably SDDM or KDE related. GDM and GNOME work just fine.

Apologies for reviving such an old topic, but I’ve run into this similar issue with my laptop recently while also researching virtualization. Adding kernel flags "amd_iommu=on iommu=pt" in this process also fixed my problem of not waking after hibernation!

Anyway, I also came across this from ArchWiki that mentions adding a module to dracut and references a bug report with dracut devs to systemd >v255

Hope this helps someone!

1 Like