Bizcom - Garuda boot process

Bizcom - Garuda boot process

Since the last update, after selecting Garuda in grub, I noticed that a new window called 'Bizcom' now appears when booting. It's only there for a second or two and before the login window. Can someone tell me what this "Bizcom" is for.

What appears at boot process should be your uefi logo and our garuda logo from plymouth
So i think the bizcom is your hardware logo.

No, I don't think so, because my laptop (Dell Precision M6700) has not had a system or BIOS update recently and this "Bizcom" logo is only displayed after the last Garuda update and only when Garuda is in the Grub-Boot process was selected and Garuda was started.

inxi -SMCG
journalctl -g "bizcom|asus"
2 Likes

System: Host: garuda Kernel: 5.9.14-zen1-1-zen x86_64 bits: 64 Desktop: KDE Plasma 5.20.4 Distro: Garuda Linux
Machine: Type: Laptop System: Dell product: Precision M6700 v: 01 serial:
Mobo: Dell model: 096J9P v: A00 serial: UEFI: Dell v: A20 date: 11/30/2018
CPU: Info: Quad Core model: Intel Core i7-3720QM bits: 64 type: MT MCP L2 cache: 6 MiB
Speed: 3227 MHz min/max: 1200/3600 MHz Core speeds (MHz): 1: 3227 2: 3384 3: 3354 4: 2231 5: 3312 6: 3326 7: 3357
8: 2390
Graphics: Device-1: Intel 3rd Gen Core processor Graphics driver: i915 v: kernel
Device-2: NVIDIA GK104GLM [Quadro K3000M] driver: nouveau v: kernel
Device-3: Microdia Dell Integrated HD Webcam type: USB driver: uvcvideo
Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.10 driver: intel,nouveau unloaded: modesetting resolution: 1920x1080~60Hz
OpenGL: renderer: Mesa DRI Intel HD Graphics 4000 (IVB GT2) v: 4.2 Mesa 20.3.1

❯ journalctl -g "bizcom|asus"
-- Journal begins at Mon 2020-12-28 10:47:52 KST, ends at Mon 2020-12-28 18:03:58 KST. --
-- No entries --

so far I can't see anything related to 'bizcom'.

What do you suggest?
We have no clue of what you witnessed.
Some may ask if you also see other things (angels, UFOs etc) which I won't, but I could also not have any answer to them. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Are you dual booting Windoze?

1 Like

Can you take a photo or video of the boot process?

If there is an actual window appearing during the boot process then that would be very odd indeed.

2 Likes

I made also a short video file but I can not upload this file here

this bizcom screen apears only for a second and comes directly after grub and booting into Garuda

I'm just curious because it wasn't there before and it doesn't show up when booting into a second, separately installed distribution

You should learn how to use Google.

5 Likes

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

But I also have to say in defense that I have searched extensively (about 2 hours) for it on the web, but have not found anything so far

Now try a Google Image search.

Just search on 'bizcom'.

1 Like

nothing helpful here
but I do use duckduckgo instead of google so this might ne the reason

1 Like

try startpage, whoogle or searx. They all use (or can use) google search results. They are easy to setup and last two are already preconfigured in Garuda.

2 Likes

He has use before other theme and then he do not know why/where the "error" come from?

1 Like

I have had bizcom logo show up in the boot screen and when shutting down. The boot process then "hangs" and goes no further. I had the KDE version. Now switching to Qtile.

Do not necro bump and press ESC or arrow up/down and check the log text.
Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: