Be nice to the Forum: Important Info on posting | inxi -Faz

The inxi command lists details about your system, CPU, graphics, audio, networking, drives, partitions, sensors, and more. Forum participants often ask for its output when they're trying to help others solve problems. It's a standard diagnostic for problem-solving:

Type at the terminal prompt $

inxi -Fxz

The -F flag means you'll get full output, x adds details, and z masks out personally identifying information like MAC and IP addresses.

You copy the output, then in the forum, type ~~~ then hit return. Paste the copied text under ~~~, hit return again and type ~~~ under the pasted text.

The hwinfo and lshw commands display much of the same information in different formats:

hwinfo --short

or

lshw -short

Again, you copy the output to put in the forum for the gurus to see. type in forum ~~~, return key, paste the text, return key, type ~~~. Now the text is in a good forum form & it's a big help to the forum wizards who really do care. They aren't being mean; it's just that they aren't psychic. Just an observation on my part. I know they appreciate it when you give them enough info to actually figure out what is possible issue & solution. Now you know. Standard stuff. Sorry forum friends, I get frustrated too. Thanks for listening to my rant. :wink:

6 Likes

The fact that you go into more detail does not make me doubt that even fewer will read it.

1. today no one is searching anymore. So your text won't be found by beginners either.

2. all hints are simply ignored.

The template when opening a topic will be deleted or not but in any case not read.

Questions are sent although a "Your question corresponds to the following topics" appears next to it on the right.

I can understand the moderators of the Arch Forum better every day. :neutral_face:

Maybe you should change the heading to "No private data about you are included in your 'inxi -Faz' "

So that people see that it is about inxi.

5 Likes

Well said. Probably more precise than we'd care to see in the future, but one can always hope otherwise. :wink:

Better yet, rename the thread to "Awesome YouTube video on how to avoid reading any stupid documentation or Wiki's".

It will probably have the highest hit count of any thread posted on the forum ever. :rofl:

3 Likes

im reading everyday,forum and trying learn more.
Thanks to that forum,i sorted couple of issues,
im really appreciate,for all advice and all effort of Garuda forum.
Thank You very much!

4 Likes

Clickbait all the way:

THIS ONE TRICK WILL SOLVE ALL YOUR ISSUES.
or
TYPE THIS ONE COMMAND TO INCREASE PERFORMANCE

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.