Are you happy with Garuda overall

I'd give Garuda Dragonized an 8, but mostly just because of my inexperience with KDE and the difficulty I've had figuring out some of the problems I made for myself. But Garuda isn't geared towards new users nor the inexperienced so my minus one for user-friendliness may be a little unfair. The other minus 1 is because, as much as I hate to admit it, I have seen quite a bit of rudeness toward people who are genuinely looking for help and trying their best to answer the questions they are being asked and sometimes they really don't understand. I have seen very polite people being treated rudely sometimes even by moderators, but again, this system isn't geared toward the inexperienced, so that minus 1 might be unfair too. All I can really say is that I Love Guruda Linux and running it is worth more to me than an occasional headache or hurt feeling. There's just nothing like it in all of Linux.

7 Likes

Hey there Dave. My apologies if you felt I was being rude. I have absolutely nothing against you and I was certainly not meaning to alienate you.

As moderators, it is our job to limit discussion on activities that may be deemed illegal. Trying to circumvent digital copyright, cracking paid software, hate speech and many other things can fall into this category. Some may fall into a grey area as laws are different all over the world and this is an international forum.

Please accept my apologies if you feel you were picked on as that was certainly not my intention. I think you are a valuable member of the community and I am sorry you now feel you don't want to participate here as often as in the past.

Most phone companies do not allow what you were attempting to do via software, that was the only reason that thread was closed. I don't honestly remember why your other thread was closed as this was some time ago, but I can assure you it was not to be vindictive or spiteful as I value your contributions here. Believe me when I say I have no vendetta against you and I was simply attempting to carry out my responsibilities as a moderator in an unbiased way.

Again my apologies if you felt targeted for some reason, as I can assure you that was not the case.

8 Likes

The System specs

Processor : Pentium G2030
Graphics : Intel ...
RAM : 4 GB DDR3
Storage : 512 GB HDD

Varient

Garuda Dragonized

Opinion

I'm overall happy with Garuda Linux.
It's far more better than paid os and services. Just it provide all things I expected.

Scores

System management [9.5/10]

This is for functionality and memory management with btrfs and zram

Updates [8.5/10]

Default Garuda Updates are OK, some things should be fixed like some emojis in terminal text in future.

Bugs and maintaining [9/10]

In this case I'm ignoring hard to remove bugs.
Some bugs won't be corrected as it's not any fault from mainteners and apart from that just works fine.

Native application and support. [7/10]

Just superb, the best thing ever made. Also some features are missing, I hope they will be added in future.

The End

The best possible OS that is better than paid Windows OR Mac and unsupported win11 Hardwares.

3 Likes

"Just superb, the best thing ever made." Only 7/10? Only pulling your leg :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.