Archlinux-appstream-data-pamac and archlinux-appstream-data are in conflict

Yeah, you are right. Gotta love our team for real, everyone has something useful to contribute. Whenever there is something which someone doesn't know yet there is someone who knows better and everyone can learn something new. I totally agree with @SGS :innocent:

4 Likes

Please donā€™t remind me of Thanksgiving & Christmas dinners.

Thereā€™s a reason they banned me after throwing a dinner fork at my brother and it stuck in his forehead like a pub dart. They were afraid of further escalation.

3 Likes

Yes, sorry, I didn't mean to over-strain the term "good team".
You can choose your friends, but not your family :wink:

And the forced "family days" were never my cup of tea, it's often just pure stress :smiley: .
Excessive reactions are inevitable.

3 Likes

Some people just have no sense of ha ha. Besides taking a fork in the face is a great way to build character, and makes for awesome bragging rights about the how you got all those unusual scars.

:fork_and_knife: :face_with_head_bandage:

2 Likes

Hey, I was offering the point of view from a beginner in Garuda and Archlinux. Sorry if that offended you.

It's neither obvious nor easy to find out that pamac enables aur by default, that aur is in fact chaotic-aur for Garuda, and that when you revert to pacman, aur is not available unless you do the change in pacman.conf.

It took me some time to figure it out, I assumed it may be the same for others.
I'll be happy to update the Garuda wiki with this kind of newbie-related information.

The AUR and the Chaotic-AUR are not the same.

Arch makes changes all the time, though the update to Pacman 6 was a bit more than typical. And AUR packages are always available, with nothing preventing you from updating or installing. You just didnā€™t bother finding out how to do so.

What broke was Pamac, a Manjaro-created utility and not an Arch-related issue at all.

Arch & Arch-based distributions are not for the feint of heart. If youā€™re not the self-starter type, it may not be for you.

6 Likes

Thanks for answering, I think we misunderstood each other, but nevermind ...

I had the same error:

looking for conflicting packages...
:: archlinux-appstream-data-pamac and archlinux-appstream-data are in conflict. Remove archlinux-appstream-data? [y/N] N
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: archlinux-appstream-data-pamac and archlinux-appstream-data are in conflict

After googling and reading different things, I found out that I had forgotten to enable the multilib-support in pacman.conf.... Enabling it fixed this for me.

Thats not the same issue, you have to accept the replacement prompt :eyes:

2 Likes