Ananicy and ananicy-cpp

Hello good people!

This is not a request per se, more a suggestion. I've been meaning to rewrite ananicy in c++ to avoid regular cpu spikes, but alas someone has beaten me to the punch and now I'd like to give him some attention.

Gitlab: Antoine Viallon / Ananicy Cpp · GitLab
AUR: AUR (en) - ananicy-cpp

8 Likes

This actually looks pretty promising! :eyes:

2 Likes

Yes, the event driver approach makes it virutally no CPU usage :smiley:

1 Like

Ooh more cutting edge stuff to test... :star_struck: :money_mouth_face:

2 Likes

So:

:: removing ananicy-git breaks dependency 'ananicy' required by garuda-common-settings

how can I tell it to use ananicy-cpp as dependency?

1 Like

Ananicy-cpp itself depends on ananicy ( I wonder why though ) :thinking:
I created a ananicy-cpp-git package as the stable one missed some stuff, maybe that works better?

1 Like

I think it depends on ananicy proper just for rules.

2 Likes

Hello there, just stumbled upon your post.
I made ananicy an optional dependency now, since it is only used for community rules.
Feel free to ping if you have questions or issues, I'll be glad to help :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum @aviallon, its nice to see you here :smiley:
Given ananicy-cpp is an almost drop-in replacement for ananicy, would you say its ready to replace ananicy in our configuration? :eyes:

5 Likes

I'm ready to test :sunglasses:

2 Likes

You have too. Ananicy-cpp is a much better work then the old version.

Nice work @aviallon !

Guys let’s work for some new rules!

4 Likes

Well, there are still a few bugs to be ironed out here and there, so I don't recommend you to use it outside a testing branch
I will hopefully release the first stable version (version 1.0.0) before the end of June.
What needs to be done (not mentioning bugfixes):

• Cgroups. They are not implemented at all
  • Working dialogue with systemd. They don't communicate very well yet.

When these two things will be implemented, then it'll truly be at feature parity with ananicy.

If you don't need these features, you can go ahead and try a few things. More people testing ananicy-cpp means more bug discovered, so it's a win for me.

2 Likes