ACPI, iwlwifi, nmbd issues after update

I apologize for not posting garuda-inxi - part of the issue is that my machine has been knocked offline, so I don’t really have a way of moving the output online atm.

I did a routine update, and for some reason seem to have been knocked offline. Using the snapper to travel back in time does not solve the issue.

journlctl (I’m using -p 3 -xb) shows a host of error messages from the kernel talking about ACPI (“Failure creating named object”, followed by “AE_ALREADY_EXISTS”, followed by “aborting method”), searching seems to indicate that these should be benign, I think?

These are followed by a single error from udev-worker: event14: Failed to call EVIOSKEYCODE with scan code 0x7c, and key code 190: Invalid argument, and then a bunch of errors from iwlwifi, they seem to originate with WRT: Invalid buffer destination.

These in turn are followed by nmbd errors, most have a “failed to send packet” in them.

I am unfortunately not very skilled at this level, so there might be some obv things here that I’m missing on how to fix this. Can someone help troubleshoot this with me?

Thanks for reading

I’m not sure at all this kernel bug is your case, but I think you could try the suggested actions.
https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=217980

1 Like

My error log output seems different, but otoh it has started working again just as randomly as it stopped - I had already turned it off again and on again a few times, but apparently just walking away from the machine for a few hours was all it needed to make up with me. (?)

I love Linux.

ok, but then I system updated and it borked again, so apparently I celebrated too soon. otoh, at least I know snapping back should (eventually?) fix it, and was able to capture this from the error log when I lost my connection shortly after the update:

systemd-udevd[750]: /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules:29 Unknown builtin command: net_driver
(udev-worker)[2083754]:  event14: Failed to call EVIOSKEYCODE with scan code 0x7c, and key code 190: Invalid argument
systemd-udevd[750]: /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules:29 Unknown builtin command: net_driver
(sd-pam)[2107125]: pam_systemd(login:session): Failed to release session: Access denied
(sd-pam)[2107144]: pam_systemd(login:session): Failed to release session: Access denied

I can’t find anything online about the first line yet, but was wondering if this sheds light on anything for anyone.

idk if this is useful, but /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/50-udev-default.rules:29 is this:

SUBSYSTEM=="net", IMPORT{builtin}="net_driver"

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.