A few questions about Garuda Linux

Hello Fellow Linux users
I'm considering a switch to Garuda
I'm currently using EndeavourOs (for those who don't know it's an Arch based distro, with very little change from Base arch.)

I have always wanted to try out BTRFS but have not had luck doing so and I'm too much of a newb to manually partition my drive during the installation
I prefer KDE
I prefer the Sweet theme for KDE
Right now my system looks almost identical to Garuda on the surface.
I'm curious about a few things though

Do you use the base Arch repos, or your own like manjaro does
Access to Aur?
Which dock is it that I see in the screenshots there? Latte? Cairo? other?
What is the latest kernel you support ?

sorry for bombarding you with questions

I've found EndeavourOs to have a GREAT community and be a solid good distro, but there's just one or two things I'd like to change and garuda seems to have that, so I'm just trying to collect more information before I make the jump

If anyone is familiar with endeavour and can point out any other particular differences they've noticed I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance everyone

1 Like

We use arch repos

We also use one extra repo - chaotic-aur

It is a binary repo for aur packages

We use latte-dock in kde

Currently we have linux-tkg-bmq kernel as default

8 Likes

This should be more transparent! Where can we find the base repo?

1 Like

They have never mentioned it's open-source!!

1 Like

Is this OS really open source?

What version # is that on currently?

5.9.14 i think

3 Likes

thank you so so much

check out gitlab for garuda

As already mentioned, we use Arch repo + chaotic AUR repo. The link to chaotic Aur is already there on garudalinux.org website, on every webpage, under "support " in navbar. But if you want, I can share it again,

Also, if you search chaotic AUR in any reputed search engine, you will get all the repos, including server information. Also, you should have a look at chaotic aur at

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/unofficial_user_repositories

I think if we aren’t open source, then no open source thing exists at all on Earth.

4 Likes

T

Thank you for the Warm welcome!! Sorry my Post attracted… lets say “uneducated individuals” to keep it nice.
I’m looking forward to trying Garuda out!

1 Like

Along with a quintillian closed-source drivers such as, oh, nVidia! :smiley:

There aren’t many desktop operators that can fully ignore closed-source, at least when it comes to various drivers.

4 Likes